GRIP Leadership Day
26 May 2018
On Wednesday, 23 May, our school leaders had the opportunity to attend the GRIP Leadership conference, a course that concentrates on training students for their roles as school leaders.
The theme for this year was "Transformers", with the emphasis being that any student is capable of being prepared to lead, or capable of "transforming" into a leader. The Transformers action figures and cartoon characters were used to guide our students. They are great examples of being prepared to lead, with each one knowing how to activate their unique abilities to be helpful in different situations. During the sessions our children learnt about the importance of integrity and ways for introducing change.
Below are some quick reflections from each of our leaders about some aspect of the day:
- Simple changes that I make can have a big effect on others. - Christian
- Being kind, not mean would change the world a lot. - Isabella
- Leadership isn’t just a position, it’s an action. - Rheana
- There are many ways to be a leader, not just one. - Sienna
- A watermelon leader is a person who appears different on the outside. A strawberry leader is a person who is the same on the inside and the outside. - Isabella
- Be a strawberry leader not a watermelon leader. - Adeng
- Simple changes that leaders make can positively change our school. - Ellie
- Leaders need to show they care, take action for good and have a positive attitude. - Curtis
- Good leaders have to have a positive attitude, care for others and show good actions. - Ben
- When you are a leader you don’t have to take action if you believe the idea is not good. - Dominic
- The best part of the day was when the presenters did a role play. They used three people and one funny gardener. It was hilarious and the play explained what “integrity” meant. - Connor
- At Grip Leadership today we met leaders from other schools. At first it was hard to talk to them but as the day progressed it got easier. I met a lot of new people. It was “berry” fun. - Adam
Thank you to Mrs Figuero for organising for the children to attend this course, as well as supporting them with their work during this conference.
08 Dec 2023Year 6 have been studying the artworks of Frederick McCubbin, a famous Australian artist from the 1800s. They are using different techniques, including watercolours to recreate his famous work “The Lost Child’ 👨👩👦
Latest news More news
08 Dec 2023
Year 6 have been studying the artworks of Frederick McCubbin, a famous Australian artist from the 1800s. They are using different techniques, including watercolours to recreate his famous work “The Lost Child’ 👨👩👦
05 Dec 2023
Year 3 are learning how to estimate different lengths of objects, measure areas and perimeters of shapes, measure different body parts, and crack code busters! SO MUCH LEARNING SO MUCH FUN!